Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Battle Continues...

So since the battle of the kitchen began, I have only seen a few little centipedes running around here and there, not too much to worry about really. However, the tables have just turned. They have started coming out in numbers with all their little legged buddies to mock me. They don't seem to be so focused on grossing me out in my kitchen anymore....oh no...now it has moved to the bathroom and the living room. Attacking me where i feel the safest...doing my business or chillaxin' on the couch.

There I was, vacuuming the rugs in the bathroom, cleaning and humming something happy...a little build me up buttercup perhaps...and then it CHARGED! Out of no where, Charles ran out from somewhere behind me, straight on to the tub. Luckily, I was prepared with a well placed counter attack with the sucking hose of my mini shop vac and it was Bye Bye Birdie. Sucked the little guy up. Although it still freaks me out, the thought of him living in there...

I also found one of their little baby clones in the shower one morning.  was only about.... {--} that long. So I drowned the little sucker. Demon Spawn. Cry bug parents, cry. He did not have a kind death. And let that be a warning. But alas, I believe that this only made their resolve stronger in getting revenge. Making it so I no longer feel safe in my own home...

Last night, I was sitting in my living room. Watching something on my laptop as I normally do waiting for my man hunk to get home. All of a sudden, Charles ran across my living room to crawl underneath the couch that is right next to mine. Those little suckers are fast. Didn't even give me time to grab a shoe. So I spent the rest of the evening, trying not to touch the floor for fear of attack. Twas then I saw another....well it might have been the same one, but it would have had to have crawled under my couch to get all the way back where it was and that's something I'm not willing to accept yet.....anyways. So it crawled along the molding on the floor and stopped...mocking me. A "come at me bro" like stare. So I grabbed one of my flip flops (in hindsight, prob not the best idea. Expensive shoes, but totally worth it) and smushed the hell out of it. Like three times. To the point where it launched into the air, so i smushed it again. Had to tap it off my shoe. Freakin' gross. So then for the rest of the night, I was imagining things crawling across the room, thinking that I would see something skitter across the floor.

They think they may have won this one, but I left the squished one there as a warning. "see how i smooshed the ever loving legs off of your buddy there? yeah...come at me bro"

1 comment:

  1. What is with the bugs this year? Kim has daddy long legs by the thoudands and Marie has Japanese beetles attacking her entire yard. They haven't named them, Haha, as well as you have, lol, after people that annoy them such as Charles. Maybe soon though, lol!

    ReplyDelete